Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Chris' Birthday

It was extremely busy leading up to Chris' actual birthday-day, so we celebrated a few days later, on Canada Day.  That's why all the kids are wearing red.


John came over for dinner and we ate outside.  Chris requested pulled pork sandwiches with broccoli-bacon salad and lemon cheesecake (with raspberry sauce!) for dessert.


Look - I was there too.  (Who else was going to make all that yummy food?!?)


And apparently I even sat down for a moment or two.


After dinner, Chris opened his cards and presents.  I think at this moment, Sam was discreetly whispering some comment to Chris about the inaccuracy of Evelyn's drawing. 


Earlier in the day, I had taken the kids to London Drugs where they each picked out a gift for Chris.  Evelyn chose this glow stick marker, which "Chris" is absolutely delighted to take camping with us in a couple of days.  A heh.

(I try to guide them somewhat when they choose their gifts, but at a certain point, I let them decide.)


Here Chris is reading Sam's card.  It was Star Wars themed.


My gift to Chris (his idea) was a complete Calvin & Hobbes treasury.  To be read only be him.  Children only allowed to touch it if Chris is looking at it with them.  So far, they've followed the rule well, but it's hard - both boys really love Calvin & Hobbes, as you can see from the picture.

We lost all three of them for awhile there...

No comments: