Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Canada Day Race


On Canada Day, we took part in a race through the UBC endowment lands.


Here are the kids, pre-race, demonstrating their usual ability to take a group picture.


The three older kids ran a 1K race, I ran a 5K race, and Chris and Abigail cheered us all on.


Here's a decent shot.  Note that the boys altered their race numbers.  They were somewhat miffed that all of the kids doing the 1K run got the same number.  (Sam, indignantly: "That's ridiculous!  How can we all be number one?")

Apparently their need to differentiate is already pretty strong.  Can't wait for the teenage years when it fully blooms.


Abigail and I decided to photobomb this shot.


Here are Evelyn and Sam coming up to the finish line.  It was Evelyn's first race, so Sam ran all the way with her.  What a good big brother!


Here I am coming into the home stretch.  I didn't run very fast at all, but since the race was just for the average runner, I managed to finish 51st out of 249 entrants.


On our way back to the van, the kids decided that this big set of bike racks was a good place to play.


I love how creative they all are.


The big kids too.


Success!

No comments: